Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Tom!

This post is dedicated to one of the best men I know...my dad! Or as Hubb will call him soon, Big Tom. Dad, I hope you get to do all of your favorite things today, which include but are not limited to:

1. Eating at the Golden Corral. Dad, I know you love a buffet. But please save this for your lunch friends and spare us. A few years ago we let him choose where we went for Father's Day, and this is what he chose. He loves it, we hate it. But anything for you Dad.


2. Hanging out with Baby Ruth. When Dad turned 50 (seven years ago), we bought him something he'd wanted since he was a little boy- an English bulldog. He named her Baby Ruth, and she is my dad's fourth child. He LOVES that dog. We often joke that if he had to choose between all of the family members, he would choose Baby. And it's probably true. After all, I have tagged about 10 pictures on Facebook of my dad with Hubb, and he still has a picture of Baby Ruth as his profile pic. I surrender.


3. Last but not least: metal detecting. Yep, you read that correctly. My dad's favorite hobby is metal detecting. In fact, did you know there is a metal detecting club right here in Montgomery? Oh, there is. And my dad is a member. They meet once a month and talk about the treasure they've found since the last meeting. And when I say treasure, I mean bottle tops and old aluminum foil that's been discarded. OK, so once dad did find a neat old coin. And I think he won the prize at the meeting- which is two old quarters. SCORE. And yes, my dad is that guy you see on the beach, swinging his metal detector, looking for treasures people have lost in the sand. But the important thing is, he looks good doing it. (Don't worry, he doesn't wear socks with his sandals or anything like that, although sometimes I wonder what would happen if Mom wasn't there to intervene...)


That about wraps this one up. Dad, you are the bomb. We love you so much. You treasure hunter, you.


2 comments:

  1. Glad to find your blog Lauren, can't wait to keep up with ya'll and see pics of precious Hubb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny. Happy Birthday Big Tom!

    ReplyDelete