Friday, September 3, 2010

HUBB!

We found out in October of 2008 that I was pregnant, and we couldn't have been more thrilled. We had been thinking about having a baby for a while, and even though we'd been trying, it was still such an incredible shock when I read that precious word: PREGNANT.

You know how most wives think up a really cute way to tell their husbands? You know, like a cookie cake, a "big brother" shirt on the dog, a nice meal, etc.? Not me. I wish I had a story. But the minute I got the positive sign at 6:30 a.m., I ran over to the bed, shook Jeremy really hard, and held that test over him so he could see it. We were beside ourselves with joy! And I'll never forget when we found out it was a boy. Jeremy had been talking a big game. He had told everyone he was POSITIVE it was a boy. Obviously, he was right. And we were thrilled.

We decided his name would be Daniel Hubbard Vinson. Jeremy's middle name is Daniel, and my maiden name is Hubbard. I've played sports all my life, and I've always been called "Hubb" as a nickname. I thought it would be the perfect name for our firstborn, and after some convincing, Jeremy agreed to it as well. I love it- short, easy to say, however it does require explanation sometimes.

Pregnancy wasn't so bad....until I got closer to the end. My feet looked like they were from another planet. And if you think I am exaggerating, ask around. They looked like part of the Macy's Day Parade. I literally had to buy shoes from the plus-sized store. I'll never forget it. I made my mom go with me to Shoe Station, and I couldn't find anything wide enough to fit my cankles. So, after I waddled back to the car, I looked up and saw the plus-sized store. It was a clothing store- of course they have to have shoes! So, I told my mom we had to bite the bullet and go get some shoes. I also told her I wasn't going in that store unless I could wear my bedroom slippers inside. I. WAS. HURTING. My mother was mortified. I was mortified. But I was at the point where it just didnt matter. So I pried off the shoes I was wearing, tried to rub out the deeply embedded strap marks, slipped on my bedroom shoes, gathered my dignity, and went in for the kill. I found several pair, in size 11 wide, which I'm sure will come in handy next go'round.

Not only were my feet swollen, but so were my hands and face. I look back on pictures and cringe. I am certain that small children were afraid of me. I was HUGE. And for that reason, and the fact that my husband weighed a whopping 11.5 pounds when he was born, I had a feeling Hubb would be a big'un. He was born on July 1, 2009, via c-section. He weighed in at 9 lbs. 11 oz., 21.5 inches long. He wasn't as big as his dad, but he was definitely husky.

He was perfect. He was beautiful. And we have been in love ever since.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad we can keep up with all of you better! You are too funny. I wish we could see you all in person more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I'm very impressed with the layout and header! I can't even figure that out and I"ve been doing it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! I am So So So glad I found you! I just cried I was laughing so hard at this post and had to read it outloud to Whitey. Love the new kitchen too! I'll be blogstalking you from now on so watch out! Give your boys a hug from me! -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete