Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What's going on?

Well, this post may bore your head off. No pictures, no fuss no muss. So here are a few updates. Hubb is at the BEST AGE EVER. He is walking and climbing and exploring anything he can get his hands on. He also talks in his own special language, but he does say a few words that actually have a place in the English language. Here are some of my faves: applejuice, outside, mama, dada, bye, hey, ball, puppy, etc. And he has the sweetest voice ever. I could listen to him all day long! He LOVES being outside. I mean, loves it. But his absolute favorite toy right now...a broom! My baby loves a broom. He will sweep all day if you'll let him. Which is surprising, because I actually hate to sweep.

Anywho, things on the renovation front are going well. Our brick floors are down, and I have a feeling we are going to absolutely love them. First of all, I love the way they look. Secondly, they're basically indestructible! And they won't show dirt or stains- perfect! Most of our kitchen cabinets are in, and hopefully they will all be in by the beginning of this week. We are also hoping to have the countertops in by the end of this week, but it may be early next week when they are installed. I decided to go with a creamy white marble, which makes me both nervous and excited! I will have to be on top of my A-game in keeping the counters clean, but hey, I need to do that anyway, right?

Also, I feel the need to just say this. I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have the family I have. Since we've been on this demo/reno kick, we've had to rely on both my family and Jeremy's family for food, shelter, babysitting, and opinions, and we are just so dang lucky. Thank you to Bon Bon, Grandanny, Nan Nan, and Big Tom for everything you do for us. Seriously, thank you!!! Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. We had brick floors growing up and I still think it's the best floor you can have! I can't wait to see she after pics! And I agree that this age is SO. MUCH. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! I just found your blog. I loved reading about Hubb! We need to get together sometime. I always forget that you just live one street over from me!

    ReplyDelete