Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kitchen Update

OK, I know that out of the 5 of you that read this blog, not all of you are interested in my kitchen update. But a few of you have asked me to put the final details of our kitchen on the blog, so that's what I am doing. If this bores you, I don't blame you, and feel free to navigate away from this page!

Since my last kitchen blog, we added an island, and what a great decision that was! Again, it helps when you are related to a fabulous cabinet guy, and should you need his info, holla. So, we got this great island, which we use ALL. THE. TIME. However, not surpisingly, it took me a long time to find lighting and bar stools. But finally, I made a decision and had the lighting installed (thanks, awesome father-in-law!) and ordered the counter stools.

Here are the details. The pendants are from Lowe's. They were $34.95 each and a great investment. They seem to keep these in stock at the Montgomery Lowe's, but of course they can be ordered online as well. The counter stools were ordered from Target.com. They come in white or a dark espresso color, and they are $99 for a set of two (that's a steal!) + free shipping! Word to the wise though- they are not fun to put together. Of course, it was nothing Jeremy couldn't handle, but there were some cuss words flying for sure (no worries, Hubb was asleep).



For some off reason, I took these pictures this morning before work, without regard to everyday kitchen clutter. It would have been great to take down some of the items from the front and top of the fridge, spruce up the half-dead flowers from Valentine's Day, and replace any blown light bulbs. But, this is real life, and you get the idea.










Now, onto the next project: the dining room banquette...

3 comments:

  1. It looks AMAZING! Does this mean that it's ready for a house party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday kitchen clutter? Puh-lease! If that's clutter, don't come to my house! I LOVE the addition. It's such a beautiful kitchen. Amazing! We are talking about redoing ours right now...I just want yours. :)

    ReplyDelete