Hello All! Sorry I still haven't posted pictures from Halloween, but let me assure you that Hubb was the most precious scarecrow you've ever seen. Also, I myself dressed up as a scarecrow for Halloween, but I wouldn't quite call it cute. Maybe more like hodge-podge homemade and annoying to my friends who were stuck cleaning up the hay. But anyway, moving on...
I have no pictures, but I do have a list of random topics I've been scribbling. Allow me to touch on a few topics:
- I cannot believe we're in the holiday season. Where does the time go? Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time, because Hubb is in such a sweet stage!
- Regarding holidays, and Halloween in general, I am so not a fan of gory Halloween decor, or anything relating to death- tombstones, etc. I just don't like it. But, I am super excited about Thanksgiving! Yay!
- My car. I really love my car. But why do I treat it so poorly? For work, I have to park in a lot, and I've hit the concrete entrance poles twice already. Twice. I recently hit a mailbox and had to get the side mirror replaced. My bumper is cracked from rear-ending someone. I have 2 dings in the windshield from rocks. Ugh.
- One of my new favorite blogs is Rants from Mommyland. So funny and relatable if you don't mind funny foul language every now and then.
- I need a new book to read- any suggestions? The last book I read was called "Falling Leaves: Memoirs of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter." It was not the best- just OK and kind of boring. Before that I read "The Help," and I loved it. *Update: I bought a book this weekend at Target called "A Soft Place to Land" or something like that. Anyone read it?
- Yesterday, I filled out an online application to appear on Wheel of Fortune. I'm hoping for an audition.
- I am anxiously awaiting my new trash can. The Joy to Life Foundation in Montgomery has started selling pink trash cans (big cans, like you put at the street), for a $65 donation. I can't wait until mine comes in! What could be cooler than a hot pink can at your curb? And you're helping to fight breast cancer. It's a win-win!
- I think I want a Roomba. Anyone have any experience with one?
- Chick Fil A. I love this place...who doesn't? One of Hubb's favorite things to do is go there for dinner and then play on the indoor playground. He could do this for HOURS. This is one of our favorite things.
- Last night (update- last week) I had dinner with a good friend. It reminded me how much more refreshing it is to see people face to face rather than just through phone and email.
OK, so that's all for now. Hope you don't mind randomness! Be back soon.